Redirect Criteria

Posted by Dana Boehm on August 13, 2015

We are launching a new website and currently have links that enter our existing site with source codes appended. We would like to redirect to the new site with the same source codes. Is there a way to do this?

For example we would like to redirect oldsite.com/info/AB-101 to newsite.com/info/AB-101
We have hundreds of different source types so it not feasible to create redirects for each of the individual source codes.

I'm thinking something along the lines of oldsite.com/info/ as a redirect to newsite.com/info/$1 if one was using an .htaccess file

Thanks!

0 people like this question
15 30 50   per page

Submit
Hi James, 

I was hoping to do this in the redirects. Alternatively does the order of redirect within Agility account for which redirect happens first?

For example if I have oldsite.com/info/PA-1566 redirecting to newsite.com/info/PA-1566 listed before oldsite.com/info/* redirecting to newsite.com/info/, will it redirect on the first match it finds?

Thanks!  - Dana
Posted By: Dana Boehm

Hi Dana,

For this, we would recommend adding custom logic in your Global.asax file in the application_BeginRequest method. There you can capture any incoming request and re-route them programatically.

Regards,
James 
Posted By: James Vidler

Previous Next

LOGIN

register for the site

REGISTER

Register

FORGOT PASSWORD